Over the past two days, both Admiral and Skipper have visited Spurn Point on the coast of the East Riding of Yorkshire to investigate the coastal hydrology that has formed the unique environment.
They have also looked at the weather and climate and the effects of recent storms which have affected the habitat and landscape. All of our students worked exceptionally well, even with the North Sea gale making things a bit more of a challenge. But it was not problem for our Outward Bound practised students.
We’d like to thank the staff at the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust for hosting us! Well done XP!
Here are a few snaps of our budding scientists and great ambassadors at work:
Smart Academy’s extra curricular activities on offer will appear here…
There are loads of web apps that you can use to show teachers what you know.
Use realsmart to record and show what you know through:
- blogs and podcasts
- simple websites
- mind maps / concept maps / graphical organiser
- learning passports
- self assessed portfolios
Remember, all of the above can be collaborative (you can create and / or add to them together as a group if you want)
Go to www.rlsmart.net/help to find out how to use it. It’s really easy.
Or try these below (remember to log in or register using your smartpass):
- Pixlr – image editing (similar to photoshop), (SSO)
- LinoIt – PostIt notes with media (smartpass)
- SpicyNodes – interactive presentations (smartpass)
- Voki – make an avatar and give them a voice!
- Prezi – present ideas as the big picture, then zoom in to the detail!
- WallWisher – collect all your ideas together on your wall
- Comix – make a comic from what you know
- MuseumBox – collect items together to put forward ideas, or to represent times/places/people
- Wordle – represent ideas as a word cloud
- GoAnimate – create animations!
- VoiceThread – collaborative conversations around media (SSO coming soon!)
- Glogster – highly visual, interactive posters
- Wevideo – video editor and publisher (SSO)
- Soundcloud – record and publish audio (SSO)
- Pixton – create and share comic strips (SSO)
- Codecademy – learn to code (SSO)
- eduCanon – present questions on YouTube videos
- Khan Academy – thousands of online lessons in Maths and Science (SSO)
remember, if you create something in the above apps, most will let you embed the results in realsmart. This makes it easy for your teachers to see them.
If you find something else that you think is great, add a comment to this post and share it with us!